After updating the ethernet library for the ENC28J60 ethernet shield, I wanted a larger project to tackle. I had previously got a simple version of the internet clock working, based on the clock form tuxgraphics.org, described here. I have however updated it to have selectable character sizes using the bignum code described in this arduino forum post.
The main features of v1.0 are:
- Web based configurable network parameters
- Different sized font for clock display
- configuration stored in onboard eeprom
- Can operate in stand alone mode after getting initial time
- Link down indicator
Due to the size of the code this will only run on the Arduino Duemilanove with ATmega328.
Parts used are:
- Arduino Duemilanove with ATmega328
- ENC28J60 based ethernet shield
- protoshield with small breadboard used to wire up LCD display – modified with long pins to prevent conflict with RJ45 socket
- 4×20 LCD display, although I’ve got a 2×20 display, this has not yet been tested
- Updated Ethershield library – available here, however its nto yet been tested with the latest version. Download my original version here Download etherShield.zip
|Full date and time display||Time on 2 lines||Time on 4 lines||Web page||Config page|
The code is available to download from here.